Jesus is for the weak.

Jesus is for the weak. I know this is a saying or phrase that has been thrown out there a million times. And I contemplated even writing about it, because it just seems "overdone". But this is one of my favorite ways to look at Jesus. I love to see him as someone who lived his life to "serve" the weak, and to be there for them. And now, most of the time, it's the weak who come to serve him. Biblically, we know this is true as well. Look at all of his disciples that he chose to travel with him and to spread the word of God. None of them were perfect and most of them were wicked at some point in their lives. Matthew was a tax collector, who was looked down on at the time, and seen as a cruel person. Mary was looked at as a prostitute. Paul was admittedly against the teachings of Jesus, and eventually went on to write 14 of the 27 books in the New Testament. Peter, even after seeing all of the miracles of Jesus and following Jesus through many trials, denied him three times when it mattered most. And the list goes on and on.



Jesus thrives on the weak. And that is not to make him seem like he wants us to be weak or to be powerless in order to seek him or for him to use us, but that he is there for even those of us who are not deserving or who do not believe. He loves to build us up and fill our hearts. All of this sounds so poetic and I know we have all heard it time and time again. So, I want to try a different approach...

I have struggled for a long time with many faults that I felt separated me from God. It sometimes turned me away from Him because I didn't even think I stood a chance! I heard someone say once, "Stop remembering what God has forgotten" and I loved it. What I took from this was that if you have done bad things (which I think we all have) then ask forgiveness and move on! Stop dwelling on your issues. This is easier said than done, I know.



God is there to listen to our problems, and then forgive us and guide us. If we let Him! I feel as though the "weak" have a fast link to God. Let me explain...
Devout Christians pray all the time and they know their place and they know how to live their lives. They have studied, and they have learned. They pray and talk to God a lot. But, the weak or the non-believers, they talk to God when they MEAN IT. Whether it happens at 3:00am or in the middle of a custody trial, or in an AA meeting. When they decide to talk to God, they mean it. They are desperate, and they need a miracle, and they start to look to the only one who can provide that. Maybe He will, maybe He won't. But when they turn to God, they desperately need Him. Now, that's not to say that they can't backslide and fall off track. But when someone who doesn't traditionally make God part of their daily lives prays, they do it seriously. God hears all of our prayers. Not just the ones coming from devout Christians, but also from those who struggle with faith or belief. God is there!



A lot of people struggle with their families to be accepted. They don't fit in, or they are constantly feeling judged. They make mistakes, and their families bring them up over an over again. God doesn't do that. God knows how to drop it! God loves you no matter what. God gives us so many chances. You are forgiven, you can start over, and He loves you. That's all you need to know sometimes. Sometimes, that makes all the difference. It makes life easier knowing that someone is there for you, and someone is listening to you, and someone cares. God sent His only son to die on this earth for our sins. God and Jesus have made the sacrifice so we can have forgiveness. Take advantage of the best gift you will ever receive. Don't dwell in the past, move on. "Stop remembering what God has already forgotten".

All my love,
Paige xo

No comments:

Post a Comment