Jax. On Your First Birthday!

Oh, my goodness, my little red-headed angel. How has a WHOLE year already come and gone?? How did that even happen?? I know that is something that all parents say when their kids come along, and they inevitably speed up how quickly time passes. But, I honestly can't believe we are already on your first birthday. I hope that your first year was very special and that you felt all of the love that your mommy and daddy have for you! You are a sweet, funny, loud, squishy little baby...and I think you are perfect.



love that you sing and jabber every morning when you wake up. Occasionally, you scream. But mostly you sing!

love to tickle you with my eyelashes, or blow on you and make you laugh. You and Brother have the most precious laughs in the world.

I love that you will eat anything and everything I make for you. Even though it does sometimes get difficult that you sit in the floor and scream at me while I make dinner. I appreciate that you like my cooking! 




I love your sweet, chubby cheeks. I know you've worked hard to keep those cute things plump so mommy can steal all of your kisses! Thank you. 

I love your precious, tiny hands and how they are always grabbing for anything you find interesting. Stay curious, little one. 

love that you call everything Dada. I mean, it would be lovely if you could say Mama every once in a while. But the way you say Dada is so adorable I can't even be mad. 


I love your scent. Your baby skin is the most amazing smell. Thank you for always letting mommy kiss under your chin, my favorite spot! 

love the way you love your brother. You'd follow him anywhere, and you prefer that he is the one who helps you learn to walk around. He is also, apparently much better at peek-a-boo than anyone else! He will protect you, and he loves you very much. I hope you always stay close. 



I LOVE you and your brother more than life. I know that sometimes mommy loses my mind and I know that I am not always perfect. But I hope that I've given you everything that you need and especially deserve! You're making time move so fast, but I promise to try to slow everything down more this year and really, really take it all in. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, sweet baby! Can't wait to let you dig into that cake, because we all know that'll be your favorite part anyway. You're such a blessing from God and I thank Him every day for you. 


Sweet as can be, baby of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment